Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Neuve Chapelle AAR

(Note that the game map used in this AAR is the play test map. A production map will be used for publication.)

Bob DeMaio and I (Hermann Luttmann) played a brutal game of Neuve Chapelle last night. I've attached pictures for your enjoyment. This time I deployed my Brits one space away from any German units (to avoid friendly fire) and did not stack the entire game, unless it was necessary. My first turn went horribly wrong as the prelim bombardment did nothing and the assaults were butchered by horrible die rolls. Not only that, but once again Britsh command was crap as three out of four divisions were out of command. By the end of the first day, I had made little progress and suffered awful casualties. As you can see, the Germans started the second day in great position and throughout the day pushed me back foot-by-foot until breaking through my middle on the third day. Great game and very exciting.





No comments: