Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2016

"N" has been delayed a bit because designer Ben Madison has been swamped by non-game projects but he hopes to pick it up again soon. He says, I did one playtest last week and was dissatisfied with the play balance, so I'm tinkering. Also, I am going to dramatically simplify one aspect of the game -- as you know it's based ultimately on Kershaw's Vietnam Solitaire, which has five big areas each divided into four small areas. During my playtest it felt more realistic (given the much longer turn length -- six months to five years!) that I would just get rid of the small areas entirely. So now you fight a battle in (say) Germany and it either decides the control of Germany or forces you to retreat to France or Austria (where a follow-up battle occurs). Given the grand strategic scale of the game, I like the idea of these battles being more epic and the advances/retreats moving all over Europe rather than just confined to one part.

No comments: